Implementing a new module, accounting system or system upgrade needs careful consideration and planning.
We work with our clients to agree on the stages and timescales for go-live of a module, a new system or an upgrade of their existing system.
Here below we outline what the typical stages are when putting in a new accounting system:
- Pre-installation Plan
- Installation and Configuration on Server and Workstations
- Extraction of old accounting software data
- Removing unwanted data
- Formatting data for importing
- Test and check data loaded
- Configure modules for use within your business
- Configure stationary such as picking slips, invoices and statements etc
- Configure agent (user) access rights e.g. which users can place an order if the customer is on hold, modules they can see etc.
- Provide Training on modules to staff prior to go live
- Load live GL, AR, AP balances and stock quantities prior to go live
- Go-live with hand-holding and training
- Build custom reports where required
- Assess project outcomes and business benefits and tweak through ongoing consultancy